This is a go-to meal a few x a month. All the kids love it too!
• 1 lg Salmon Filet
• Enough Epicure’s Salmon and Fish Rub to crust the Salmon
• Alder or Cedar plank, soaked 1 hr in water.
Note, the picture is quite zoomed in and the onions and parsley are very finely chopped/minced.
My kids prefer their salmon filleted, coated with Epicure’s Fish rub and baked. They’re not fond of whole baked salmon.
I had a whole salmon in the freezer in a waterproof bag and asked the boys to thaw it in a sink of lukewarm water. I walked in after grocery shopping and as I opened the salmon bag my fingers sunk right into it. They’d had it in hot water and it was part way cooked, so there was no hope of filleting it. Instead I whipped up my first Chimichurri sauce. WOW!!
I don’t follow rules very well so if this one is different than what you’ve had before that would be why!
- A big handful of Cilantro
- A big handful of Flat Italian Parsley
- A big handful of Italian Parsley
- 1/2 of a very small onion, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup or as needed)
- A few big pinches of Epicure’s Cinco Pepper Blend
- Chili Garlic Salt to taste
Chop your greens, I like mine very well chopped. I had about 1 cup of parsely mix. Mix parsley/cilantro with onion, garlic and red wine vinegar. Add Cinco. Let sit for 30minutes if you have time. Typically with this much greens you’d add 1/2 cup of oil, I added just enough to cover the greens in the bowl and then whisked them to combine well. Taste and add your salt to taste.