This is super moist while still fluffy and rich and light and dense. It’s seriously a bit of all those things at once! It’s also soft enough to be used to make a Pumpkin roll. It’s a riff on my favorite carrot cake recipe turned Pumpkin!
Preheat oven to 325
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 2 cups of canned pumpkin (or pumpkin pie filling if that’s all you have)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 Tbsp of Epicure’s Pumpkin Pie Spice (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1001290)
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of Almond milk (or milk)
Beat your butter & sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 mins. Add eggs and vanilla and mix 1 more minute. Add pumpkin and oil and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda & salt in a small bowl. Add your flour mix one cup at a time alternating with your milk. Pour into 3 8″ cake pans. I did mine in my Epicure steamers. Cook for 30mins. Fully cool in your steamer before turning it out. The cake is super soft and may break if you take it out too early. NOTE: If cooking in a metal or glass pass, it may cook a few minutes faster than in your steamer. It’s done with the toothpick comes out clean.
If making a pumpkin roll the Bake and Rol (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1006111)l pan makes it super easy! You will likely have a bit more batter than you need, and can make a few cupcakes!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups sugar or (4? cups Icing Sugar)*
* I used organic unbleached sugar and used the grinding blade on my magic bullet to whip it into a semi-icing sugar.
Beat your butter and cream cheese with and Vanilla. Add in sugar until it’s just sweet enough, I prefer it less sweet to balance out the cake.