I’m not a soup person. Although I tell you, this soup would make me one!!
- 2 med sweet Onions
- 3 Celery
- 2 carrots
- ½ lg kabocha squash (or butternut)
If you’re not familiar with Kobocha squash you’re missing out! It’s 1/3 lower in calorie than Butternut, easier to cut open and high in iron. It’s seriously worth the garden space! I put it in this year not being familiar with it and next year I will put in 3 plants. It’s that good!
Roast squash and veg. at 425, 25 mins
Brush with ADOBO sauce mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/4154) and roast 10 more mins.
Meanwhile Combine and heat:
- 6 cups chicken stock (6 cups water and 3 tbsp Broth mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/5284))
- 1 tbsp of Onion and Garlic Nutritional Yeast Sprinkle (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/products/food/nutritional-yeast-sprinkles/garlicandonion-nutritional-yeast-sprinkle) (or fresh green onion & garlic). The Sprinkle adds a bonus nutty flavor due to the Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Chili Garlic Salt (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1002551)
Add veg to stock, puree.
Iron Fish. My daughter is low in iron, so I use my cast iron pans as much as possible PLUS I use my iron fish (http://www NULL.luckyironfish NULL.com/) in any soup or pasta I cook. NOTE: Remember to remove iron fish before you blend. OOPS!
- 1/2 cup cream off your your *coconut milk, diluted with coconut milk (OR regular cream/greek yogurt combo)
- ½ tsp Chipotle Aioli mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/search/products?search=chipotle%20aioli%20mix).
Sprinkle with Garlic & Onion Nutritional Yeast sprinkle. Devour.
This is my fav brand of Coconut milk (http://www NULL.londondrugs NULL.com/real-thai-coconut-milk---1000ml/L8758807 NULL.html) and I get it at Superstore. It’s popular, when you see it buy a few! Great flavor and CLEAN ingredients. Had a can of rooster milk yesterday and was SOO disappointed!