I’m not sure whether I should love or hate my friend Cheryl who told me about this recipe. If you love heat and chocolate, you’ll be in HEAVEN!
Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Heat and Salt. It’s a crispy on the outside, fudgy on the inside flavor explosion and you may need a kleenex for a runny nose. All in all an amazing taste experience.
This is adapted from a blogger who adapted it from Canadian Living.
I got almost 40, so you may want to halve the recipe if you don’t have a few hot lovers in your house. Oy, that sounded bad, lol
Dry Ingredients – Med bowl
- 1.5 cups white Flour
- 1 cup Epicure cocoa (or other dark rich Cocoa)
- 1 tsp Epicure’s Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Belgian Milk Chocolate chips or chunks
- Coarse or flaked sea salt (maybe 1 tsp?). I had some Pink Hawaiian on hand so used that.
Preheat oven to 375. I never used to pre-heat although I do for baking. It’s actually important. Google it. Sift flour and cocoa (I never sift and I do recommend you sift this recipe since there is no stand mixer involved). Mix in other dry ingredients EXCEPT the sea salt.
Wet – Smallish Bowl
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil (I avoid GMO’s – you could use a vegetable oil)
- 1/2cup egg whites or 2 lg eggs (I had egg whites left from a batch of Hollandaise)
- 2 tsps Epicure Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp fresh Grated Ginger
Whisk together wet ingredients.
Pour wet ingredients into dry. Mix until just combined. Mine was pretty dry, almost like a graham crust consistency so I crumbed it together with my hands.
Take a small handful and squeeze it together to make a cookie ball.
Bake 9-10 mins (if making only 2 dozen large bake 11 mins) just until they start to crack. As soon as you can handle it rip them off the cookie sheet and dig in!