Toasted Coconut. Can there be anything better? These WERE going to be Almond Joy bars, although they all got eaten before I got the chocolate on them, lol
- One can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cup unsweetened coconut
- dark chocolate (Belgian ideally). chips, chunks, or whatever you have on hand.
- nuts – Almonds for Almond Joy bars
Toast your coconut in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes, then mix into your milk until the coconut is fully coated.
Press a small spoonful of your coconut mix into the bottom of your perfect petites (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1004231) pan, add nuts
Layer more coconut mixture and press down.
Bake for about 12 minutes at 350.
Once bars are cool dip in melted dark chocolate. All mine disappeared right away!
Want to enjoy as a cookie instead? Check out this recipe (http://www NULL.momontimeout NULL.com/2016/07/almond-joy-cookies-just-4-ingredients/)!
I’m not a soup person. Although I tell you, this soup would make me one!!
- 2 med sweet Onions
- 3 Celery
- 2 carrots
- ½ lg kabocha squash (or butternut)
If you’re not familiar with Kobocha squash you’re missing out! It’s 1/3 lower in calorie than Butternut, easier to cut open and high in iron. It’s seriously worth the garden space! I put it in this year not being familiar with it and next year I will put in 3 plants. It’s that good!
Roast squash and veg. at 425, 25 mins
Brush with ADOBO sauce mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/4154) and roast 10 more mins.
Meanwhile Combine and heat:
- 6 cups chicken stock (6 cups water and 3 tbsp Broth mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/5284))
- 1 tbsp of Onion and Garlic Nutritional Yeast Sprinkle (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/products/food/nutritional-yeast-sprinkles/garlicandonion-nutritional-yeast-sprinkle) (or fresh green onion & garlic). The Sprinkle adds a bonus nutty flavor due to the Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Chili Garlic Salt (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1002551)
Add veg to stock, puree.
Iron Fish. My daughter is low in iron, so I use my cast iron pans as much as possible PLUS I use my iron fish (http://www NULL.luckyironfish NULL.com/) in any soup or pasta I cook. NOTE: Remember to remove iron fish before you blend. OOPS!
- 1/2 cup cream off your your *coconut milk, diluted with coconut milk (OR regular cream/greek yogurt combo)
- ½ tsp Chipotle Aioli mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/search/products?search=chipotle%20aioli%20mix).
Sprinkle with Garlic & Onion Nutritional Yeast sprinkle. Devour.
This is my fav brand of Coconut milk (http://www NULL.londondrugs NULL.com/real-thai-coconut-milk---1000ml/L8758807 NULL.html) and I get it at Superstore. It’s popular, when you see it buy a few! Great flavor and CLEAN ingredients. Had a can of rooster milk yesterday and was SOO disappointed!
This is delish, please ignore my awful plating, so not my skillset. All the parts below can be use for many diff recipes separately too! This was inspired by an episode of DDD.
- 2lbs Pork Loin, cut in slivers (or chicken/beef)
- 1 Tbsp Epicure’s Teriyaki RubSplash of Soy, splash of Olive Oil
Combine and marinate overnight. Stir-fry quickly on high heat.
Jicama Mango Salsa
- 1 cup Minced Hicama
- 3/4 cup small chunk mango
- 2T slivered red onion
- 2T cilantro
- 1 t chili garlic sauce
- 1t soy sauce
- a couple pinches of salt
- 1/2tsp Epicure’s Cinco Peppers
- 1t whip cream (or coconut milk)
- a few grinds of Epicure’s Chili Garlic salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 T grated ginger
- 1/2 c sour cream (or use coconut cream)
- 1.5 T Epicure’s teriyaki
We served ours wrapped up in rice paper wraps, these would make great asian taco’s too! Soak your rice paper as instructed in the pkg, wrap up the pork, salsa, some shredded carrots or any other veg you have on hand. Serve with the ginger cream as a drizzle or dipping sauce.
Prep time, 20 mins. Cook time, 5-6hrs.
I was leaving the house in half an hour and wouldn’t be home until 7pm, so a crockpot meal was in order. I had only my homegrown whole chickens, so I grabbed a small one (fully frozen) and tossed it in my Instant Pot for 20 minutes on pressure cook (so that it would thaw a little bit) while I chopped my veggies.
- 1 whole chicken (pieces work of course!)
- 1 med onion, diced
- 3+ cups of diced carrots
- 1 big knob of ginger, sliced in big pieces (galangal is even better if you have it)
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 a head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 6″ piece of lemon grass, bruised
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 tsp Epicure’s Indonesian Seasoning (or Madras Curry or Thai seasoning) In my version I used 2 tsp of Cinco pepper.
- 2-3 cups Epicure’s Chicken Bouillon
Toss everything in your crockpot, and cook on low 5-6hrs. Take out your chicken, remove bones & skin and shred the meat. Remove the star anise, lime leaves, lemon grass and ginger chunks and discard.
Add chicken meat back into your pot and add:
- 4 cups of coconut milk – real Thai tetra packs are my fav
- juice of one lime
- 2-3 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
Cook 30mins on high to have all flavors meld. Serve.
I had 1/2 cup of Coconut Cream left my my 2 batches of Chocolate Mousse and was craving something not too sweet.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (Chilled)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Epicure’s Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Epicure’s Cinnamon
Combine well, chill if needed.