This was so good and so simple!
- 6 Portabello Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small can tomato sauce or tomato paste
- Epicure’s Pizza Seasoning (about 1 to 1.5 tsp)
- A few handfuls of spinach
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Cheese – I used bagged Italian Blend
I removed the stems and gills since my mushrooms weren’t very fresh (I bought them a week ago). I mixed up my pizza sauce with the Tomato Paste, water and pizza seasoning. Spread your pizza sauce generously on your mushrooms, top with spinach, bacon, any other veggies etc you want, and then top with cheese. Bake on a baking rack so the moisture from the mushrooms can drain off.