I found a great deal on a roast last week. I don’t cook a lot of roasts so when I brought home my Bottom Round roast (also called outside round) I had no idea it was considered the toughest cut and needed to be cooked in liquid! Well it turned out great!
- 1 to 1.5 lb Outside/Bottom Round Roast
- Garlic Powder – enough to coat the roast
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 lg carrots, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 med onions, cut into 8 pieces each
- 2 heads of garlic, cloves separated & peeled
- Enough beef stock to come 1/2 way up the sides of your roast (Epicure has a great beef bouillon mix!)
- 1 Tbsp Epicure’s Montreal Steak Spice
Coat your roast in your garlic powder. Melt your coconut oil in your Epicure Wok. Sear your roast on all sides. Toss in your carrots, onions, garlic cloves & steak spice. Add stock to 1/2 way up your roast. Cook at 300 for ~2hrs (depending on how you like it cooked), turning every 20-30minutes to keep it moist. Take out veggies & roast. Let meat rest 20minutes while you simmer your amazingly flavored broth to reduce it somewhat – the flavor will become even stronger. Slice your roast and enjoy incredibly flavorful veggies and divine beef with an amazing broth that you’ll seriously want to drink it’s so good!