Toasted Coconut. Can there be anything better? These WERE going to be Almond Joy bars, although they all got eaten before I got the chocolate on them, lol
- One can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cup unsweetened coconut
- dark chocolate (Belgian ideally). chips, chunks, or whatever you have on hand.
- nuts – Almonds for Almond Joy bars
Toast your coconut in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes, then mix into your milk until the coconut is fully coated.
Press a small spoonful of your coconut mix into the bottom of your perfect petites (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1004231) pan, add nuts
Layer more coconut mixture and press down.
Bake for about 12 minutes at 350.
Once bars are cool dip in melted dark chocolate. All mine disappeared right away!
Want to enjoy as a cookie instead? Check out this recipe (http://www NULL.momontimeout NULL.com/2016/07/almond-joy-cookies-just-4-ingredients/)!
I’m not a soup person. Although I tell you, this soup would make me one!!
- 2 med sweet Onions
- 3 Celery
- 2 carrots
- ½ lg kabocha squash (or butternut)
If you’re not familiar with Kobocha squash you’re missing out! It’s 1/3 lower in calorie than Butternut, easier to cut open and high in iron. It’s seriously worth the garden space! I put it in this year not being familiar with it and next year I will put in 3 plants. It’s that good!
Roast squash and veg. at 425, 25 mins
Brush with ADOBO sauce mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/4154) and roast 10 more mins.
Meanwhile Combine and heat:
- 6 cups chicken stock (6 cups water and 3 tbsp Broth mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/recipe/5284))
- 1 tbsp of Onion and Garlic Nutritional Yeast Sprinkle (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/products/food/nutritional-yeast-sprinkles/garlicandonion-nutritional-yeast-sprinkle) (or fresh green onion & garlic). The Sprinkle adds a bonus nutty flavor due to the Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Chili Garlic Salt (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1002551)
Add veg to stock, puree.
Iron Fish. My daughter is low in iron, so I use my cast iron pans as much as possible PLUS I use my iron fish (http://www NULL.luckyironfish NULL.com/) in any soup or pasta I cook. NOTE: Remember to remove iron fish before you blend. OOPS!
- 1/2 cup cream off your your *coconut milk, diluted with coconut milk (OR regular cream/greek yogurt combo)
- ½ tsp Chipotle Aioli mix (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/search/products?search=chipotle%20aioli%20mix).
Sprinkle with Garlic & Onion Nutritional Yeast sprinkle. Devour.
This is my fav brand of Coconut milk (http://www NULL.londondrugs NULL.com/real-thai-coconut-milk---1000ml/L8758807 NULL.html) and I get it at Superstore. It’s popular, when you see it buy a few! Great flavor and CLEAN ingredients. Had a can of rooster milk yesterday and was SOO disappointed!
This is super moist while still fluffy and rich and light and dense. It’s seriously a bit of all those things at once! It’s also soft enough to be used to make a Pumpkin roll. It’s a riff on my favorite carrot cake recipe turned Pumpkin!
Preheat oven to 325
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 2 cups of canned pumpkin (or pumpkin pie filling if that’s all you have)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 Tbsp of Epicure’s Pumpkin Pie Spice (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1001290)
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of Almond milk (or milk)
Beat your butter & sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 mins. Add eggs and vanilla and mix 1 more minute. Add pumpkin and oil and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda & salt in a small bowl. Add your flour mix one cup at a time alternating with your milk. Pour into 3 8″ cake pans. I did mine in my Epicure steamers. Cook for 30mins. Fully cool in your steamer before turning it out. The cake is super soft and may break if you take it out too early. NOTE: If cooking in a metal or glass pass, it may cook a few minutes faster than in your steamer. It’s done with the toothpick comes out clean.
If making a pumpkin roll the Bake and Rol (https://danakayal NULL.epicure NULL.com/en/product/1006111)l pan makes it super easy! You will likely have a bit more batter than you need, and can make a few cupcakes!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups sugar or (4? cups Icing Sugar)*
* I used organic unbleached sugar and used the grinding blade on my magic bullet to whip it into a semi-icing sugar.
Beat your butter and cream cheese with and Vanilla. Add in sugar until it’s just sweet enough, I prefer it less sweet to balance out the cake.