I’m not really a roast person, or at least I wasn’t. I am now! I totally would have eaten the whole crockpot!
- 1 beef roast – i used a 2lb cheap Boneless Bottom Blade Pot Roast
- a whole bunch of carrots (I was lazy and used mini carrots – about 1/2 a lg bag)
- 8 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 lg red onion, diced
- a few Tbsp of Epicure’s Montreal Steak Spice
- a few Tbsp of Epicure’s Minced Garlic
- 6-7 grinds of Epicure’s Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Epicure’s Beef Bouillon
- a plate worth of Coconut Flour
- Epicure’s Gravy Mix
Combine coconut flour with salt, pepper & Steak spice. Roll Roast in this mixture and then sear in hot pan with coconut oil. Place all veggies into your crockpot, place roast on top, sprinkle with Montreal Steak Spice, Garlic & a dash of Gravy mix. Pour in a cup of Epicure’s Beef Bouillon. Turn it on low and cook for the day. I was late on time so i put it on high for 4hrs and it was cooked, although a little tough, so I chopped it into bite-sized chunks/slivers and put it on low for 2 more hours and the meat was falling apart!
Just before eating I took much of the liquid out of the crockpot and put it in a frypan and sprinkled with Gravy mix and whisked cooking over med for a few mins. I kept adding until the gravy was very thick and then when I put it back into the crockpot it was the perfect thickness of gravy for the remaining liquid in the crockpot.
Extra thickened gravy to pour over the veggies, meat and broth