So simple, so yummy. Fresh from the garden tomatoes (3 kinds of cherry tomato), tossed with Olive Oil and Epicure’s Brushcetta. OMG Good! Since I wasn’t serving it on baguette I only halved the tomato and served it as a side dish with supper.
So today I was salivating over the Salmon I had cooked with Epicure’s Fish Rub that I was going to have on my salad for lunch. I opened the fridge with mouth watering only to discover it’s GONE! Yup, some dastardly person in my house ate it! My mistake, I didn’t hide it away in my work fridge!
I had no thawed meat and about 10 mins to spare – HAVE to get my protein in, so this is what I came up with:
- Salad Greens with various veggies
- One small avocado diced.
- 2 med-boiled eggs, sliced
- a handful of sliced almonds
- a handful of crumbled bacon
- a bit of slivered red onion (I always sliver up 1/2 an onion during my prep day and use it for days in salads etc)
- Drizzled with Epicure Vinaigrette (your fav spice, apple cider vinegar, olive oill, a small squeeze of honey & mustard)
- Drizzled with my paleo mayo
Have some fabulous organic tomato’s from the garden so whipped up this yummy salad!
- 2 avocados – diced
- couple handfuls of cherry tomato’s – halved
- 4 hardboiled eggs – whites cut in 6 and yolks in quarters
- 1/4 red onion, slivered
- 1/2 bell pepper, in small slices
- cilantro, a tbsp or so
- 2 tbsp Epicure’s Guacamole
- 1-2 tbsp of lime juice
- olive oil
- Epicure’s Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all and toss gently.
Even Dr. Oz states that high protein first thing in the morning is very important for energy and weight loss. On his show he even said having multiple eggs (4-5) is fine cause they don’t affect cholesterol and they’re high protein!
This is 1/2 cup of egg white with Epicure’s Montreal Steak Rub topped with 1 egg with Mont Steak Rub, 5 slices of shaved Roast Beef, 1.5 cups of mushrooms cooked in a dash of olive oil and seasoned with Epicure’s Chili Garlic Salt. A big filling breakfast, only 313 calories including 2 tsp of Olive Oil. A nice 34grams of protein. I’m always aiming for ~100grams per day
Lunch today! Is it noon yet? Crap, hours to go still! Adapted this recipe from one I found online and it was Sooo good. Best served cold, although if you can’t wait is good warm too! Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you, this whips up in minutes!
- 3 lg Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil as needed
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Amino’s (a Paleo version of Soy Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp Epicure’s Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Epicure’s Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Epicure’s Toasted Onion
- 1/2 tsp Epicure’s Cinco Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Epicure’s Coriander
- 1/8 tsp Epicure’s Cinnamon
Noodles & Other good stuff
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, steamed *
- 1 long english, in small chunks
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, coarsley chopped
Sauce – combine all
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
First job is to steam your Spaghetti Squash. I cleaned out the seeds and put it cut side down in a flat baking dish with a splash of water and microwaved for 6 mins. When it cools down use a fork to pull away the strings (noodles). Can also bake about 20-25 mins. Don’t overcook or you’ll have mush instead of noodles.
Saute chicken in Olive Oil in your Epicure Wok, once it browns, add in the spices and simmer a couple mins. Once the chicken cools down toss everything together and if you can wait have it for lunch the next day!